Client: United States Air Force
Role: System Integration Engineer
Reports To: Task Lead
System Integration Engineer to support the design of secure virtualized networks for foreign military mission partners.
The System Integration Engineer will help design integrated software and hardware solutions in virtualized enterprise and consumer systems. You will be responsible for systems planning, performance management, capacity planning, testing and validation, benchmarking, and information engineering.
The Engineer will:
- Design virtual solutions for inclusion in a System Design Document
- Perform technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for virtual systems
- Create as-built and other systems drawings (flowcharts, diagrams)
- Design system security and data assurance
- Analyze user requirements to automate or improve existing systems
- Identify system integrity issues and solutions for the full system life cycle
- Work with vendors to ensure operational capabilities
- Provides a total systems perspective including a technical understanding of relationships, dependencies and requirements of hardware and software components.
- Plans, coordinates, and documents solutions to total systems or subsystems using commercial off-the-shelf products.
- Analyses, designs, tests, and evaluates network systems such as Cloud Resident computing capabilities, satellite networks, local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), the Internet, intranets, and other data communications systems ranging from a connection between two offices in the same building to a globally distributed network of systems.
- Plans and coordinates data management practices to treat and handle data as a resource.
- Experience with the following
- Direct experience validating, verifying, and dploying rackmount servers or embedded systems and sub-components
- Experience analyzing system performance and identification of risks
- Design, implementation, and support of virtual network infrastructures including Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) and Server Virtualization Infrastructure
- Experience developing System Design documentation
- Engineering of multiprotocol routers/switches and network security devices
- Windows and Linux operating systems
- Cisco routers, switches, firewalls and IP networking technology
- Highly proficient with virtualization technologies, specifically VMware 6.5 and above
- Deep understanding of NSX-T and micro-segmentation architecture networking
- Security and VPN solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, certifications and work experience
- 6+ years of experience in systems engineering including integrating complex hardware and software systems, identifying critical needs decomposed to system and subsystem features
- Strong problem solving, analytic, and communication skills
- Hands on experience developing inputs (Feature, stories) for Agile development execution is desired
- Ability to work well independently under pressure and time constraints, in a small team environment
- Strong Writing Skills
- Ability to obtain a Top Secret Clearance
Why is this a Compellign Position?
As a System Integration Engineer, you will help design the systems that protect our Nation’s Warfighters