Client: Pentagon Force Protection Agency (PFPA)
Location: Falls Church, VA
Client: Pentagon Force Protection Agency
Role: Senior Security Tools Engineer
Location: Falls Church, VA
Reports To: Task Lead
Senior Security Tools Engineer – Host Based Security Systems (HBSS)- Falls Church, VA
The Senior Security Tools Engineer will act as a support engineer to the Senior IAE to manage the client’s Cybersecurity / Information Assurance Program, monitor all Operations and Infrastructure, maintain all security tools and technology, monitor internal and external policy compliance, monitor regulation compliance, and work to mitigate risk across security system’s infrastructure. The Engineer will:
- Manage the functionality and efficiency of Cyber systems.
- Provide O&M support to Linux-based appliances and servers.
- Apply project management and system administration expertise in the system administration lifecycle, integration, risk management, incident handling, and change management.
- Support system installation, configuration maintenance, account maintenance, signature maintenance, patch management, and troubleshooting of operational CND systems.
- Set up administrator and service accounts.
- Maintain system documentation.
- Make recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provide backup recovery.
- Provide advice and training to end-users.
- Provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participating in special projects as required.
- Active or Current Secret security clearance adjudicated by DIA or DoD CAF
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field such as Engineering, Information Systems, Information Technology or a technical discipline OR equivalent work experience
- 7 years of progressive demonstrated experience in Information Assurance/Information Security, with a good working knowledge of both DoD and Federal Government Information Assurance / Security policies and procedures
- 5 years of demonstrated experience in a senior leadership engineering position
- Current DoD 8570.01-M IAM Level III certification: CISM, CISSP (or Associate), GSLC, or CCISO
- Self-starter requiring limited direction and supervision
- Experience briefing senior customer personnel
- Ability to organize and prioritize numerous customer requests in a fast pace deadline driven environment
- Familiarity with customer’s IA processes
- Experience with IA vulnerability testing and related network and system test tools (i.e. retina, HBSS, EVSS, ACAS)
- Familiarity with Cross Domain Systems (CDS)
- Experience supporting IC or DoD in the Cyber Security Domain
- Experience performing comprehensive security assessments using the Risk Management Framework (RMF).
- Experience analyzing Information Assurance systems in unclassified and classified environments for compliance.
- Experience in planning, analyzing, documenting, and reporting activities associated with the system security assessment and authorization (A&A) process.
- Experience with program security and information systems security best practices.
- Familiarity with security accreditation process.
- Expertise in DCID 6/3, ICD 503, and NIST 800-53 policies and implementations.
- DoD 8570 Compliant Certification (minimum IAM level I).
- Expert Knowledge of Risk Management Framework (RMF), NIST Cybersecurity Framework, NIST Special Publication 800-53, and DoD Instruction 8500.01.
- Demonstrated experience in the implementation of DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides, Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) scans, Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) Compliance scans, Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M), and Risk Assessment Report (RAR).
- Ability to multi-task in a deadline-oriented environment across several projects and teams.
- Excellent communication, organization, and time management skills.
- Excellent technical writing skills.
- Must be detail oriented and service oriented.
- Team player.
- Ability to be flexible.
- Intermediate-level expertise in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Visio