Client: Pentagon Force Protection Agency (PFPA)
Location: Falls Church, VA
Client: Pentagon Force Protection Agency
Role: Senior IA Engineer
Location: Falls Church, VA
Reports To: Task Lead
Senior Information Assurance Engineer supporting the Pentagon Force Protection Agency in Falls Church, VA
The Senior Information Assurance Engineer will help develop and implement the client’s Cybersecurity / Information Assurance Program, monitor all Operations and Infrastructure, maintain all security tools and technology, monitor internal and external policy compliance, monitor regulation compliance, and work to mitigate risk across security system’s infrastructure. The Engineer will:
- Perform cybersecurity / Information Assurance for all Agency managed systems, applications, and hardware
- Conduct Assured Compliance Assessment Solutions (ACAS) scans and DoD provided Security and Vulnerability tools
- Have expert knowledge of Host Based Security Systems (HBSS)
- Have expert knowledge of Risk Management Framework (RMF) using NIST 800-53
- Provide Task Order performance oversight and ensure all cybersecurity staff maintain applicable certifications such as CISSP, CEH, and Security+
- Understand DoD 814001 Cyberspace Workforce Management and ensure that personnel accessing information systems have the proper and current IA certification to perform IA functions in accordance with DoD 8570.01-M
- Ensure compliance with DoD 8140.01 and 8570.01-M to meet DoD requirements to perform cybersecurity / IA duties
- Active or Current Secret security clearance adjudicated by DIA or DoD CAF
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field such as Engineering, Information Systems, Information Technology or a technical discipline OR equivalent work experience
- 10 years of progressive demonstrated experience in Information Assurance/Information Security, with a good working knowledge of both DoD and Federal Government Information Assurance / Security policies and procedures
- 5 years of demonstrated experience in a senior leadership engineering position
- Current DoD 8570.01-M IAM Level III certification: CISM, CISSP (or Associate), GSLC, or CCISO
- Experience performing comprehensive security assessments using the Risk Management Framework (RMF).
- Experience analyzing Information Assurance systems in unclassified and classified environments for compliance.
- Experience in planning, analyzing, documenting, and reporting activities associated with the system security assessment and authorization (A&A) process.
- Experience with program security and information systems security best practices.
- Familiarity with security accreditation process.
- Knowledge in DCID 6/3, ICD 503, and NIST 800-53 policies and implementations.
- Knowledge of NIST, CNSS, DoD regulations and guidelines.