Client: Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
Location: DMV Metropolitan Area
Role: Program Manager
Location: DMV Metropolitan Area
Reports To: TBD
Contingent upon contract award, Avint requires a Program Manager to manage a cybersecurity contract supporting the Department of Homeland Security and its Component Agencies.
The Program Manager (PM) will oversee all personnel (including subcontractors) and serve as the primary point-of-contact for all matters related to contract performance. The Program Manager will ultimately be responsible for all contractual deliverables, ensuring operational excellence, and ensure program activities stay on schedule and within budget.
The PM will:
- Develop status reports for all contractor activities on the program. This will include providing metrics on staffing, budget, performance measures and metrics.
- Conduct project planning, scheduling, communications, reporting, and ensure any technical issues on the program are addressed efficiently and professionally.
- Work directly with the customer Program Manager.
- Provide recommendations for continuous process improvements and additional activities that support successful project management based on industry best standards, particularly focused on IT and system project improvement opportunities.
- Have or develop domain knowledge of a wide range of cybersecurity activities and be able to make decisions that may have a critical impact on Task Order Deliverables
- Direct and manage staff to ensure that technical requirements are met.
- Establish goals and work plans that meet task order objectives
- Oversee all aspects of the program.
- Provide overall direction to task order staff.
- Maintain and manage interface between task order staff and client system owners, stake holders and other senior officials.
- Meet with customer and contractor personnel to formulate and review task plans and deliverable items and ensure conformance with program task schedules.
- Experience running programs for mission critical programs related to cybersecurity risk management and compliance, cybersecurity engineering, or cybersecurity operations.
- Active Top Secret Clearance
- Current DHS Suitability or ability to obtain one
- Current Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field such as Engineering, Information Systems, Information Technology or a technical discipline OR equivalent work experience
- 5 years specific experience managing programs in support of Federal Cybersecurity efforts. These programs should be responsible for
- 8 years of progressive demonstrated experience in Information Assurance/Information Security, with a good working knowledge of both DoD and Federal Government Information Assurance / Security policies and procedures
- One of the following certifications (must be current): Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC), Certified Information Systems Manager (CISM), or Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP)
- Experience with information security related projects and be knowledgeable with the NIST Risk Management framework and FISMA.
Why is this a Compelling Position?
As the Program Manager, you will lead a program that helps ensure the security of information systems supporting DHS and its Components.
For more information, view the full position description here.