Client: Pentagon Force Protection Agency (PFPA)
Location: Falls Church, VA
Client: Pentagon Force Protection Agency
Role: IA Engineer – Journeyman
Location: Falls Church, VA
Reports To: Task Lead
Information Assurance Engineer – Journeyman supporting the Pentagon Force Protection Agency in Falls Church, VA
The Information Assurance Engineer – Journeyman will act as a support engineer to the Senior IAE to manage the client’s Cybersecurity / Information Assurance Program, monitor all Operations and Infrastructure, maintain all security tools and technology, monitor internal and external policy compliance, monitor regulation compliance, and work to mitigate risk across security system’s infrastructure. With Senior IEA oversight, the Engineer will:
- Perform comprehensive security assessments using the Risk Management Framework (RMF).
- Utilize knowledge of Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability Levels and National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Special Publication 800-53 controls associated with each level.
- Analyze IA systems in unclassified and classified environments for compliance with National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), Navy security configuration requirements, and industry best practices.
- Responsible for documentation review, reading over policy and procedures, SOPs, and previous accreditation documents; compile and generate deliverables (RMF scorecard, findings, risk and mitigation recommendations), and post those deliverables to the customer (email, and e-MASS).
- Review Information Assurance Controls with the customer for specific applicability and compliancy.
- Prepare and review program documentation to include Risk Assessment Reports, Accreditation Packages, and security policy guides.
- Ensure compliance with DoD 8140.01 and 8570.01-M to meet DoD requirements to perform cybersecurity / IA duties
- Ensure all cybersecurity personnel maintain applicable certifications such as CISSP, CEH, and Security+
- Active or Current Secret security clearance adjudicated by DIA or DoD CAF
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field such as Engineering, Information Systems, Information Technology or a technical discipline OR equivalent work experience
- 5 years of progressive demonstrated experience in Information Assurance/Information Security, with a good working knowledge of both DoD and Federal Government Information Assurance / Security policies and procedures
- 3 years of demonstrated experience in an IA engineering position
- Must have a current DoD 8570.01-M IAM Level III certification: CISM, CISSP (or Associate), GSLC, or CCISO
- Experience performing comprehensive security assessments using the Risk Management Framework (RMF).
- Experience analyzing Information Assurance systems in unclassified and classified environments for compliance.
- Experience in planning, analyzing, documenting, and reporting activities associated with the system security assessment and authorization (A&A) process.
- Experience with program security and information systems security best practices.
- Familiarity with security accreditation process.
- Knowledge in DCID 6/3, ICD 503, and NIST 800-53 policies and implementations.
- Knowledge of NIST, CNSS, DoD regulations and guidelines.