Client: Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
Location: DMV Metropolitan Area
Role: Component Risk Mangement & Compliance Lea
Location: DMV Metropolitan Area
Reports To: BPA PM
Contingent upon contract award, Avint requires a Risk Management and Compliance Team Lead to manage a team in support of conducting Risk Management and compliance services to FISMA systems supporting Department of Homeland Security Component agencies.
The Risk Management and Compliance Team Lead provides technical knowledge and guidance in all areas of FISMA guidance, especially supporting POA&M guidance documentation and Training. As Team Lead, they will analyze, plan, and report on all issues to ensure projects stay on schedule and within budget. Prepares and delivers presentations as required.
The Risk Management and Compliance Lead will be responsible for:
- Providing system architecture recommendations covering network security and engineering, active directory design, and application integration.
- Reviewing POA&Ms for effectiveness and quality.
- Reviewing Ongoing Authorization (OA) documentation to ensure it meets program requirements.
- Conducting analysis of data analytic and data management technologies that collect, analyze, parse, and report large volumes of data.
- Analyzing continuous monitoring, configuration management, vulnerability management, asset management, software management, and other data to identify trends and anomalies.
- Conducting quality assurance reviews of security authorization documentation.
- Providing guidance regarding security boundary creation, consolidation, or other changes in regard to FISMA boundaries.
- Providing risk determinations in support of security authorization, weakness remediation, and audit activities.
- Developing assessment process improvements and recommendations.
- Managing an Information Security Helpdesk.
- Active Top-Secret Clearance
- Current DHS Suitability or ability to obtain one
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field such as Engineering, Information Systems, Information Technology or a technical discipline OR equivalent work experience
- 8 years of progressive demonstrated experience in Information Assurance/Information Security, with a good working knowledge of both DoD and Federal Government Information Assurance / Security policies and procedures
- Experience with information security related projects and be knowledgeable with the NIST Risk Management framework, FISMA, and DHS 4300A policies.
- 5 years specific experience as an Information System Security Officer (ISSO)
- Current professional cyber security certification (e.g., CISSP, CISM, CISA, CEH, SEC +, CCNP, GCIH, GCED or CASP+)
Why is this a Compelling Position?
As the Risk Management and compliance Team Lead, you will:
- Interface with system owners and operators and the system security officers to ensure systems are protected and secure from malicious actors.
- Be a trusted member of the security team, and a key advisor to system owners and operators, supporting federal agencies to protect themselves against our nation’s adversaries and sophisticated cyber threats.
- Lead a team of cybersecurity experts that helps ensure the security of information systems supporting DHS and its Components.
For more information, view the full position description here.