Client: Department of Energy (DOE)
Location: DMV Metropolitan Area
Role: A&A Team Leader – Senior
Location: DMV Metropolitan Area
Reports To: Task Order PM
An A&A Task Leader – Senior to support a DOE – Cybersecurity Assessment & Authorization Support Services BPA Task Order. The work location will be at a DOE facility located in the DMV Metropolitan Area.
The A&A Task Leader – Senior provides technical knowledge and analysis of all areas related to A&A. Leads (as needed) in all phases of the Risk Management Framework with emphasis on the planning, analysis, testing, integration, documentation, and presentation phases. The Task Lead also analyzes, quells, and reports on all issues to ensure projects stay on schedule and within budget. Prepares and delivers presentations and briefings as required by the task order.
The A&A Team Lead will:
- Manage and execute projects across the spectrum of RMF steps
- Lead team planning and performing A&A functions across the DOE enterprise
- Interface with key system stakeholders, in developing strategies to enhance cybersecurity protections for agency systems
- Develop and foster relationships with other IT and cyber security partners in the agency to develop and build upon an integrated cybersecurity posture
- Serve as subject matter expert, possessing in-depth knowledge of all aspects of A&A and risk management such as security and privacy controls, implementation of new and emerging trends in the industry and process improvement initiatives (i.e. Cloud security, Ongoing Authorization, NIST SP 800-53 Rev5, Rapid ATO, etc.).
- Provide technical knowledge, analysis, direction, and guidance for planning and execution of A&A processes, to include addressing difficult or unusual problems as related to A&A.
- Apply principles, methods, and knowledge of A&A to specific task order requirements, system security dynamics, and methods to develop approaches to provide practical and timely A&A support and services.
- Regularly conducts briefings to Federal Leadership.
- Possess and apply subject matter expertise across key tasks and high impact assignments.
- Function as a technical expert across multiple project assignments.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience from an accredited university in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Business Administration, Management, or another scientific or technical discipline.
- 10 years of relevant experience.
- Professional cybersecurity certification (e.g. CISSP, CISM, CISA, CEH, Sec+, CCNP, GCIH, GCED, or CASP+).
- CAP is desired.
- Ability to obtain a Secret (or above) National Security Clearance.
Why is this a Compellign Position?
As a A&A Team Leader – Senior, you will
- Implement and shape key policies and processes to protect government agencies’ data and systems
- Interface with system owners and operators and the system security officers to deploy and instantiate cybersecurity compliance and risk-based practices, all while leveraging state of the art technologies and approaches
- Be a trusted member of the security team, and a key advisor to system owners and operators in building a culture of risk awareness and cybersecurity compliance and operations.
- Help our federal agencies protect themselves against our nation’s adversaries and sophisticated cyber threats
For more information, view the full position description here.