Location: Chantilly, VA
Role: Service Delivery Engineer
Location: Chantilly, VA
Reports To: Avint CEO
Avint seeks highly talented, motivated, and organized Service Delivery Engineers to join a mission-driven team supporting the Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation (CDM) DEFEND Group A program.
The CDM program is a dynamic approach to fortifying the cybersecurity of government networks and systems. CDM provides federal departments and agencies with capabilities and tools that identify cybersecurity risks on an ongoing basis, prioritizes these risks based upon potential impacts, and enable cybersecurity personnel to mitigate the most significant problems first.
The ideal SDE has both deep technical knowledge and customer relations management skills. Must work well in challenging, fast-paced work environment and be comfortable with a variety of job duties. The SDE will work with a team of seasoned technical and analytical thinking professionals who thrive on supporting the client’s cybersecurity mission and growth objectives. The SDE functions as the core contributor in a matrixed team, and tailors the standard cyber capabilities to align with the customer’s unique needs and environmental constraints. The SDE is a part of a larger cyber security architecture and design team that researches new technical solutions, leads pilots and proofs of concept, and supports development of CDM reference architectures. The SDE leverages strong written and verbal communication skills to build and maintain excellent relationships with our client resources and ensures that the customers remain delighted with the solutions we provide.
- US Citizenship
- DHS EOD eligible
- Bachelor’s degree in a related technical discipline such as Computer Science, Information Technology, or Information Security, or 4 years of relevant work experience
- At least 5 years of professional experience in a cyber engineering role
- Broad background in a variety of cybersecurity technologies and solutions to include architecture, engineering, and technology administration roles
- Ability to understand technical specifications, system requirements, and application design information as needed to understand customer requirements and potential solutions for those requirements
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain positive relationships with customers
- Ability to understand and communicate technical solutions at a variety of levels
- Security certifications such as CISSP, CEH, CISM, Security+, or GSEC
- Engineering background in Windows, Linux, or Networking
- Familiar with Splunk
- AWS or Azure Certifications
- Solid understanding of how to market technical services and produce on-contract growth